November 10, 2008
In my endeavours to completely automate the installation and deployment of all things SharePoint including configuration aspects such as Forms Based Authentication (FBA). I found that some steps are not natively automatable using STSADM. Searches lead me to find a very cool set of extensions covering the latter mentioned issue and many more:
Thank you to Gary (http://stsadm.blogspot.com ), it really helped a lot
Windows SharePoint Services Document: Application Templates for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 – Under the Hood
July 27, 2007
As per my previous post, there were things MS managed to do , but form the products was not immediately evident how it was done. This white
July 6, 2007
Ever wondered what the Microsoft formal documentation says about mirroring. They have recently made an internal version of the documentation public.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=83725&clcid=0×409 < ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
March 9, 2007
Ever wondered how the whole Workflow flows in SharePoint ?
Below is an Article on how to create a custom workflopw and surface it in SaherPoint Designer.
March 2, 2007
This book provides information and guidelines to lead a team through the steps of deploying a solution based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The audiences for this book are business application specialists, line-of-business specialists, information architects, IT generalists, program managers, and infrastructure specialists who are deploying a solution based on Office SharePoint Server 2007.< ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Click the following link to open a Microsoft Word .doc file that you download to your computer and print. This document contains the same information as the “Deployment for Office SharePoint Server 2007″ section of this TechNet Web site. The size of this document is approximately 2.6 MB.
March 1, 2007
- What’s New in Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Feature Walkthrough Virtual Lab
- What’s New in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Feature Walkthrough Virtual Lab
- Introducing Content Types for Windows SharePoint Services Virtual Lab
- Creating Workflows for Windows SharePoint Services (TechNet) Virtual Lab
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise Features Administration Virtual Lab
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Records Management Deployment and Configuration Virtual Lab
- Enterprise Search Overview (Lab 1 of Virtual Lab
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Virtual Lab
- Getting Started with the Business Data Catalog in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Publishing Exchange Server and SharePoint Server with ISA Server 2006 (Refresh)
February 28, 2007
February 27, 2007
The SQL Server 2005 Data Mining Add-ins for Office 2007 allow you to uncover hidden patterns and relationships in your data and then put them to work to enhance the quality of your analysis. To use the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Data Mining Add-Ins for Office 2007, you must be connected to a SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services database. However, you don’t need to have prior experience with any SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services components.
This is the extract from the http://www.sqlserverdatamining.com/DMCommunity/_DMAddinLaunch/default.aspx
February 26, 2007
February 23, 2007
A nice way to get a good view